Your Privacy is Important to Us....
We are committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal and financial information. While the internet is revolutionizing the way that we do business, we also recognize that it may bring concerns about privacy and security. Please refer to our Privacy Code to learn about our commitment to your privacy.
YOUR PRIVACY IS OUR PRIORITY
Credit unions have a history of respecting the privacy of our members and customers. Your Board of Directors has adopted the Credit Union Code for the Protection of Personal Information. We have policies and procedures in place to protect your privacy and your right to control the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use your personal information to help us provide the highest standards of financial services.
We collect this information from you directly, with your consent, and according to the terms of the product and service arrangements you have made with or through us. Information is also obtained with your consent from credit bureaus, other financial institutions, and from the references you provide to us.
Your personal information is collected for one or more of the following purposes:
- to verify your identity
- to understand your needs and eligibility for products and services
- to open, maintain and administer your accounts and provide financial services that meet your needs
- to obtain credit reports, check references, evaluate your credit rating and credit worthiness
- to administer and manage security and risk in relation to your accounts and the financial services provided to you
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- to assist in dispute resolution
- to offer and provide you with other products and services of the credit union and of our affiliates or service suppliers
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The information we collect may include, but is not limited to: your contact information, date of birth, gender, income, marital status, employment history, financial records, Social Insurance Number (SIN) or other government issued identification numbers, and credit history.
The law requires us to ask for your SIN when you open an interest bearing account. We also may use it to identify you with credit bureaus and other financial institutions for credit matching purposes. However, providing your SIN is not a condition of service.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We only share your personal information with your consent or where we are required or permitted to do so by law. We never sell, rent, or lease personal information to third parties.
When you become a member or open an account with us, you agree to the terms of our Financial Services Agreement and an Account Agreement. Both require your consent to allow us to share information with our suppliers and affiliates.
We use trusted, reputable suppliers to provide cheque and statement printing, data processing, member/customer research and surveys, and payment clearing services. We provide suppliers with only the information necessary to perform the required services. To ensure confidentiality, personal information is removed from market research and survey reports provided to the credit union.
We ensure our suppliers implement security standards for information handling that are equal to our own, and we require them to protect your information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Code. In the event our suppliers are located outside of Canada, they are subject to the laws of the foreign jurisdiction and may be required to disclose personal information in accordance with those laws.
Your information is sometimes shared with our affiliates to ensure we offer you a full range of financial products and services. Our affiliates are also required to protect your information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Code.
To see a list of our affiliates visit the Partners section of www.saskcu.com or ask your credit union.
YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS AND VERIFY PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, verify and update your personal information at any time. For more information, contact your credit union.
The 10 Principles of the Credit Union Code for the Protection of Personal Information:
- Accountability: We have designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable for our compliance with the principles of the Code.
- Identifying Purposes: When we ask you for personal information, we will identify the purposes for which it will be used or disclosed.
- Consent: We require your knowledge and express or implied consent for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except in specific circumstances as described in the Code.
- Limiting Collection: The collection of personal information is limited to the purposes we have identified for you.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention: We will use or disclose your personal information only with your express or implied consent, or as required by law. We will retain your information for only as long as is necessary to fulfill identified purposes.
- Accuracy: We will keep your information accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards: We will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- Openness: We will make specific, understandable information readily available to you about our personal information policies and practices.
- Individual Access: Upon request, we will give you access to your personal information, and information regarding how it is used or disclosed. You are entitled to question its accuracy, its completeness, and how it is used.
- Challenging Compliance: You are entitled to question the Privacy Officer about our compliance with any of these principles.
We collect, use and disclose your information only with your consent, unless we are obliged to do so by contractual requirements, by law, or in order to provide our financial services to you. When you become a member or customer, or when you apply for a new product or service, we will obtain your consent in writing.
We may possess personal information that we collected prior to implementing our Privacy Code and for which we do not have your express consent to use. We will continue to use that information unless you ask us to stop. This is considered implied consent.
You may change, limit, or withdraw your consent at any time by completing the Withdrawal of Consent form available at the credit union and returning it to your credit union.
Withdrawal of your consent to use your personal information is subject to legal or contractual obligations. For example, your credit union is required by law to provide a record of your interest earning information to the Canada Revenue Agency. Further, if you have been granted a credit product, your credit union is required to collect and exchange your personal information on an ongoing basis with credit bureaus, credit insurers, and other lenders.
If you do not withdraw your consent, your consent is implied for the use of your personal information for the purposes described in this brochure, including disclosure to affiliated organizations.
QUESTIONS? ASK OUR PRIVACY OFFICER
The Privacy Officer is responsible for monitoring information collection and data security, and ensures credit union employees receive appropriate training on privacy issues and their responsibilities under the Code. The Privacy Officer also handles all privacy inquiries and personal information access requests under the Code.
Ultimate responsibility for our compliance with the Code rests with the credit union Board of Directors.
For further information, questions or concerns about privacy, you may contact your credit union or our Privacy:
Sarah Kirby, Privacy Officer
Rockglen-Killdeer Credit Union Limited.
Box 218, Rockglen, SK. S0H 3R0
Phone: 306-476-2244 or 1-888-476-RKCU (7528)
Fax: 306-476-2025 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyrights & Trade-marks
Central 1 Credit Union
®DING FREE & Design are registered trade-marks of Central 1 Credit Union, used under license.
Canadian Credit Union Association (CCUA)
®ACCULINK and ®Plan 24 are registered trade-marks owned by Credit Union Central of Canada, used under license.
MEMBER CARD and MEMBER CARD & Design are registered certification marks owned by Canadian Credit Union Association, used under license.
®MemberDirect and Design are registered trademarks owned by Credit Union Central of Canada, used under license.
®INTERAC logo, INTERAC, INTERAC Flash, INTERAC e-Transfer, INTERAC Debit are registered trade-marks owned by Interac Inc., used under license.
World Council of Credit Unions
®HANDS & GLOBE Design is a registered certification mark owned by the World Council of Credit Unions, used under license.
®Collabria trademark is Collabria Financial Services' property®. The Collabria Mastercard is issued by Collabria Financial Services Inc. pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trade-mark and the circles design is a trade-mark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Unauthorized use of the corporate names, logos, trade-marks, graphics, icons, and designs used on this website is strictly prohibited. All information on this website is protected under the copyright laws of Canada and some specific information may be copyrighted by others. If you wish to incorporate any of the corporate names, logos, trade-marks or icons within another site, you must Contact Us for permission. Any infringement of Rockglen-Killdeer Credit Union’s rights will result in appropriate legal action. Rockglen-Killdeer Credit Union disclaims any and all liability for any consequences which may result from any unauthorized reproduction or use of the content of this website.
Other names, words, titles, phrases, logos, designs, graphics, icons and trade-marks displayed on this website may constitute registered or unregistered trade-marks of Rockglen-Killdeer Credit Union or third parties. While certain trade-marks of third parties may be used by Rockglen-Killdeer Credit Union under license, the display of third party trade-marks on this website should not be taken to imply any relationship or license between Rockglen-Killdeer Credit Union and the owner of said trade-marks or to imply that Rockglen-Killdeer Credit Union endorses the wares, services or business of the owner of the said trade-mark.
WE'RE HERE FOR YOU...
Everything is easier with a little help.