Ready to use your RRSP savings-let's talk about a RRIF.
A Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF) is like an extension of your Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), but instead of putting money in, you withdraw from it to use throughout retirement.
Enjoy the benefits of a rrif
- Defer Tax on Investment Income - Similar to an RRSP, you money continues to grow tax-sheltered in an RRIF.
- Control Your Income- Decide when and how much to withdraw as long as you take the required minimum amount.
- Transfer Assets Tax-Free - When you pass away, your RRIF assets can transfer to your spouse on a tax-free basis.
- Convert your RRSP to a RRIF by the end of the year you turn 71- or sooner if you need the income. Your investments transfer directly and do not have to mature or be liquidated.
- Start taking withdrawals the year after you open your RRIF - This can be any amount, as long as you meet the minimum annual withdrawal as set out by federal regulations.
- Report withdrawals as income on your tax returns - RRIF funds are taxable in the year you withdraw them.
You have worked hard for your money. Let us help you enjoy it....
WE'RE HERE FOR YOU...
Everything is easier with a little help.